Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene



Carol and I have spent much of the week preparing for Hurricane Irene. Now the long wait begins. Tuesday, I spent the day trimming those tree branches that have grown to overhang our roof. Branches from about 6 trees all together were cut off and trucked off to the recycling center.
The Traumerei is resting behind Bob and Ruth's house in a well protected canal. Water levels will be the major concern here and I may need loosen some lines when the water level gets to the high point early tomorrow morning. I hope not since some deep water wading will be involved. We have our camping gear and will be able to cook a meal when the electricity goes out. Note I say when, not if.

Anyhow the time for preparation is over and we can only hope for the best.

No comments: