Monday, July 11, 2011

Camp Kiwassa, NY






Carol, Joshua, and I left Clinton NJ a little after 9:00 on a bright sunny Saturday morning for the drive to Camp Kiwassa. It was a bit of a white knuckle trip for me with frequent stops to check our load, but my reinforcement seemed to hold up for the entire trip. When we arrived at Kiwassa Lake, it was a little like coming home, being our second year here. We quickly settled into “our” rooms and got the water front set up with our fleet of six boats. After one full day, the aluminum boat with our dinghy motor has become the favorite.

We celebrated three birthday’s yesterday morning with the opening of some presents. I got a load of bike riding stuff, a reminder that I brought my road bike and had better get riding.

The weather? So for after one day, it has been perfect. Cool nights for blanket sleeping and sunny and high 70’s for daytime swimming. The afternoon wind came up for some brisk but fluky sailing – pretty tricky. It will take me some time to learn the Bay River Skiff, but so far I’d say she likes a lot of wind. I did ship a little water over the side yesterday. Perhaps today I can get someone out on the power boat to take pictures of our two sail boats under canvas.

No comments: