Thursday, July 21, 2011

Inlet, New York





We are camped in Limekiln Lake State Park, still in the ADK region. I was up at my usual time, 5:00 O'dark a clock. The campsite was awake when I opened the bear box to make my coffee.We said good-by to Bob White this morning and he made his way "home" to Saranac Lake this morning to visit some childhood friends.

We went exploring Inlet after Bob left and found a great grocery with a few gourmet items. Also we rediscovered a great public park on Fourth Lake and a friendly soul in a turn of the century (1900's) fisherman's dory from built in Mass. He had it powered by an electric outboard. Very nice!

Today I fell asleep while reading at the beach and apparently got bitten by a couple of deer flies. Today my right hand and left eye lid are swollen beyond recognition. I took a couple of Benedrill tabs and believe I am on the mend.

We just finished a pesto pizza with three cheeses and me a couple of Summer Ale's (Boston Brewery). Maybe not the best idea on top of the Bene tabs. Check out the canoe over the bar at Screamen Eagle.

Maybe after dinner we will visit the theater in Old Forge for some entertainment. The temperatures here are warm (mid 80's) during the day but cool off for sleeping at night.

Lots hotter just a few miles and thousands feet to the south in the towns along the Thruway.

Sunday it is up bright and early to head for our old neighborhood in Webster, NY

No comments: